As one of the largest domestic foundations that has supported civic initiatives and local organizations for years, Trag, in cooperation with European Union, Charles Stewart Mott Foundation, the Rockefeller Brothers Fund (RBF), VIA Foundation, Magazine Ekonometar, Business Magazine, Color Press Group, Adria Media Group, Blic, Magazine New Economy, Business Info Group and Confluence Property Management announces the opening of the competition for the eleventh annual VIRTUS award for companies and individuals that supported non-profit actions or organizations for the public good in the most efficient and effective way in 2016/2017.
This is the first award of this kind ever to be organized in Serbia. Its intention is to become a traditional event and a major landmark related to giving for the public good. Based on the previous great accomplishments, we continue to award and acknowledge the exemplary companies and individuals who significantly contributed to the development of philanthropy in their local communities.
OBJECTIVE OF THE COMPETITION:
One of the objectives of this Award is to promote and encourage philanthropy in our country and to increase the participation of companies, enterprises and individuals in initiatives and programs for public good in the future.
The competition itself offers an opportunity to associations, civil society organizations (CSOs) and final beneficiaries of donations to publicly express their gratitude to donors. On the other hand, the award makes it possible for companies and individuals to get wider public support for the projects to whose implementation they generously contribute.
Award nominees can be:
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE:
- domestic and international companies,
- branches of international companies operating in Serbia,
- private small and medium enterprises,
- public and state-owned companies,
- media companies
- corporate funds and foundations as well as
Non-profit organizations and state institutions are not eligible to apply for the award. They can be quoted in the application form only as partners of the nominated company/enterprise and/or individual.
WHO CAN NOMINATE:
Award nominees can be proposed by: all interested citizens, individuals, non-profit organizations, media, PR agencies, marketing agencies, and also by companies and enterprises.
AWARD CATEGORIES:Companies and enterprises can compete for the following award categories:
- VIRTUS Main Award for corporate contribution at the national level
- VIRTUS Award for contribution to the local community in which the company operates
- VIRTUS Award for small and medium-size enterprises
- VIRTUS Long-term partnership Award between profit and non-profit sector
- VIRTUS Award for individual contribution to philanthropy
Winners of the competition will get:
• Specially designed artefact symbolizing the idea of giving for common good
• Significant media promotion by the Trag foundation
The winners in categories related to corporate philanthropy will get the right to display the official sign of VIRTUS Award for 2017 on all their products, promotional material and documents.
• For this competition, nominated individual and company/enterprise’s activities have to be implemented in the period between October 1st, 2016 and December 31st, 2017. The company/enterprise can apply for one or more corporate philanthropy award categories at the same time.
• Enterprises/Companies and individuals who were awarded in one of the five main categories in the previous award cycle are not eligible for nomination in this competition round.
• Only completed applications submitted in an appropriate purpose-made application form that arrive within the given deadline will be taken into consideration.
• The deadline for submission of applications and accompanying documents is February 14th, 2018.
After a thorough consideration of all nominations, a decision on award recipients will be made by an independent jury (selection committee) in accordance with the unique criteria. The jury will consist of prominent individuals coming from the business sector, the CSO sector, media and marketing.
COMPOSITION OF VIRTUS 2017 AWARD JURY:
Foreign Investors Council
Katarina Obradović Jovanović
Ministry of Economy
Color Press Group
Stories with a soul
BASIC CRITERIA FOR SELECTION OF WINNERS:During the decision making process, the jury will consider several criteria:
- Donations from enterprises/companies directed towards non-profit organization or institution for activities or projects for public interest and significance (for example, in the area of environment protection, cultural heritage, human rights advancement, education development, support to vulnerable and endangered groups, support to local community etc.)
- Donation recipient, such as a non-profit organization or an institution, is just about to complete, or it has already completed the project which produced tangible and measurable results
- Donation recipient uses funds for the implementation of a project or a program relevant to the community in which the donation recipient operates, or relevant to the topic in which the organization is well specialized
- Donor perceives his/her investment as ‘social investment’ or ‘community investment’ rather than a marketing tool, PR tool or sponsorship
- Donor is interested in the outcome of his/her investment and results of the supported projects
- In addition to direct financial assistance, donor offers other kinds of assistance to donor recipient (for instance, transfer of knowledge and skills, in-kind assistance etc.)
- Company/enterprise, which is a donor, runs its business in a legal way and in accordance with social and ethical standards respecting standards related to corporate social responsibility, such as ethical behavior towards employees, clients, environment etc.
- Nominated individual donor provides support outside of his/her business activities. This support encompasses a larger number of beneficiaries and contributes to a long-term community development
- Advantage will be given to candidates that have supported non-profit organizations and projects of public interest more than once during the previous period.
Please note: Enterprises/companies and individuals that were awarded in one of the five main categories in the previous award cycle do not have right to be nominated in this competition round. Listed criteria present the basis for decision-making process.
The entire project, competition and the Awards ceremony is organized by Trag foundation with financial support of the European Union, Charles Stewart Mott Foundation and the Rockefeller Brothers Fund (RBF). VIRTUS is also realized in cooperation with VIA Foundation, Magazine Ekonometar, Business Magazine,Color Press Group, Adria Media Group, Blic, Magazine New Economy, Business Info Group and Confluence Property Management as well as many others who recognized the importance and potential of this initiative and provided their support.